The Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt Audio Interface with Special Edition 2×6 Analog I/O and 8×8 Digital I/O is an audio interface designed to deliver high-performance A/D and D/A conversion at up to 192 kHz for mixing and mastering engineers in personal, project, and commercial studios. The included 2×6 SE I/O card features stunning dynamic range with low distortion and noise for mastering-grade sonic quality.
Its analog I/O includes two inputs on XLR 3-pin jacks and six outputs on a DB25 connector. Additional XLR, TOSLINK optical, and RCA coaxial jacks provide connectivity for AES/EBU, ADAT, and S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs. The chassis utilizes Thunderbolt connectivity for high-speed data transfer rates and compatibility with Core Audio software. Its front panel presents a TFT touchscreen display, multi-function control knob, and convenient 1/4″ stereo headphone output.
Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II Chassis (Thunderbolt)
The Symphony I/O Mk II from Apogee Electronics is an advanced, flexible multi-channel audio interface featuring the newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), and an intuitive touchscreen display. The chassis provides two I/O Module slots for a variety of digital audio conversion options that form the interface side of the Symphony I/O Mk II. The front-panel touch screen offers convenient access to nearly every setting including sample rate, clock source, headphone & speaker output levels, meters for all I/O and section navigation, as well as input levels, digital I/O, and configuration settings.
The rear panel provides access to the two I/O Module slots that are capable of a combined thirty-two channels of input and output, while the two Thunderbolt connectors ensure compatibility with newer Mac computers. Also included are Wordclock I/O connectors & termination, an option card slot, and a quiet digitally-controlled fan to keep everything running cool.
The Symphony I/O Mk II features a single ultra-high-fidelity DAC and headphone amplifier with Apogee’s Constant Current Drive technology, which was first introduced in the Apogee Groove. The headphone amplifier dynamically compensates for non-linearities of any connected headphones, providing massive power while maintaining extremely low distortion and linear frequency response.
The optional five I/O Modules allow the user to choose from standard configurations, or customize the following – channel count, analog to digital input, digital to analog output, microphone preamps (requires an analog card), and digital I/O.
- Legendary AD/DA conversion
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Option card slot for future platform flexibility
- Dynamic Temperature Control
- Designed in California, built in the U.S.A.
Apogee Electronics 2×6 SE Special Edition Mastering I/O Card for Symphony I/O Mk II
The Apogee Electronics 2×6 SE is a special-edition mastering I/O card designed to deliver high-performance A/D and D/A conversion at up to 192 kHz for mixing and mastering engineers in personal, project, and commercial studios. It features low THD+N (-116 dB for analog inputs, -118 dB for analog outputs) and high dynamic range (124 dBA for analog inputs and 131 dBA for analog outputs) for uncompromising accuracy and detail.
Its analog I/O includes two inputs on XLR 3-pin jacks and six outputs on a DB25 connector. Additional XLR, TOSLINK optical, and RCA coaxial jacks provide connectivity for AES/EBU, ADAT, and S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs. The 2×6 SE is easily installed in a Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt or Pro Tools HD chassis.
- High-performance A/D-D/A conversion designed specifically for mastering engineers
- High dynamic range of 124 dBA for analog inputs and 131 dBA for analog outputs
- Low THD+N of -116 dB for analog inputs and -118 dB for analog outputs
- Two balanced analog line-level inputs via XLR 3-pin connectors
- Six channels of balanced analog line-level outputs via DB25 connector
- AES/EBU stereo digital I/O via XLR 3-pin jacks
- S/PDIF stereo digital I/O via RCA coaxial jacks
- ADAT, SMUX, or S/PDIF digital I/O via TOSLINK optical ports
- Supports 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates
- Compatible with Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt and Pro Tools HD chassis