If you work with Pro Tools HD or HDX systems, consider the Pro Tools | MTRX Studio from AVID as the centerpiece of your professional studio. With its bevy of analog and digital I/O, comprehensive routing capabilities, monitor outputs, and headphone outputs, the interface has you covered when it comes to recording, mixing, and monitoring in a pro audio context.
The unit has plenty of connections for other interfaces, as well as your favorite mic pres.
With two 32-channel DigiLink ports, the MTRX Studio is compatible with Pro Tools | HDX or Pro Tools | HD Native systems running Pro Tools | Ultimate or Pro Tools | HD 12 or later. You’ll also find ADAT ports, as well as Ethernet for Dante connectivity. BNC connections for clocking and loop sync are also on hand.
On the analog side, you’ll find two preamps for mic signals or instrument inputs. You’ll see two 1/4″ instrument inputs on the front panel, and two XLR inputs on the rear. You’ll also note 16 I/O of analog connections over DB25 ports. Monitor straight from the device over two 1/4″ outputs, and plug two pairs of headphones into the front panel outputs.
SPQ speaker calibration is built into the interface, so you can tune your room for any session format. Switch between monitoring setups for music and post-production, quickly and easily.
Conversion has been provided by Digital Audio Denmark, ensuring pristine detail for capture or monitoring. A software 512 x 512 matrix facilitates extensive routing possibilities, so you can create cue mixes, integrate outboard gear, and even send audio to multiple devices simultaneously. The unit only occupies 1 RU of space.
Pro Tools | MTRX Studio Features
- Comprehensive I/O, monitoring, and routing capabilities in an all-in-one audio interface
- Route any input to any output
- Ample analog and digital connectivity, including Dante, DigiLink, and ADAT
- Connect your outboard gear, mics, speakers, and more
- Clear, precise converters and preamps from Digital Audio Denmark
- Ultralow latency monitoring when tracking and mixing with Pro Tools | HDX or HD Native
- Built-in SPQ speaker processing technology to tune your room for any session format
- Calibrate speakers and tune any size and shape room to ensure an accurate monitoring environment
- Create monitor profiles and fold-downs to speed up your workflow
- EUCON-enabled for maximum control and integration with Pro Tools | Ultimate and any Avid control surface
- Greatly reduces manual tasks and physical patching, keeping you in your creative flow