AmpliTube 5 SE puts all of the essential guitar tones right at your fingertips. It comes complete with a fully configurable signal chain that can handle up to 57 models simultaneously. Throw in IK Multimedia’s new VIR (Volumetric Impulse Response) cabinet engine technology, and you get a staggering amount of impulse responses to choose from. Complete with a redesigned interface and a total of 77 essential gear models that every player can appreciate, AmpliTube 5 SE will quickly become your go-to guitar recording software. Additionally, did we mention that it has an onboard 8-channel recording function for use in standalone mode? It’s all baked right into the plug-in. IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube 5 SE is a cost-effective way to get a library of inspiring sounds that will push you to not only play your best, but sound your best.
What’s new in AmpliTube 5 SE
- Fully redesigned user interface with resizable display
- VIR (Volumetric Impulse Response) cabinet engine
- Custom IR loader
- Customizable signal chains
- Expanded rig and FX capacity
- Mixer for combining amps, cabs, and DI signals
- Redesigned power amp and improved impedance matching
Route it your way
AmpliTube 5 SE provides users with a customizable gear chain with drag-and-drop functionality. The new signal chain can handle 57 simultaneous models (including Amps, Cabs, Racks, and Stomps), which means that any signal configuration you can dream up is now on the table. Mono to stereo; series and parallel; and even wet-dry-wet signal paths are possible. Once you get your signal set up, record straight into the newly redesigned Mixer. It makes it easy to blend the sound from the available mics, cabinets, and DI into one unified tone. Within the tool, take advantage of panning, busses, and baked-in effects to shine a studio polish on your tracks.
VIR technology gives you extra sonic diversity
IK Multimedia pulled out all the stops when they created AmpliTube 5 SE’s re-engineered Cabinet section. It’s outfitted with all-new Volumetric Impulse Response (VIR), which utilizes 600 IRs per speaker to give musicians a 3D arrangement of mic placement options — all with a handy grid and snap-to function. Plus, IK Multimedia came up with a process for capturing the interaction between the speakers, cabinet, and flooring for an unbelievably lifelike feel. All together, AmpliTube 5 SE provides thousands of IRs for you to choose from. With enough digging, you’re guaranteed to dial in a sound that’s all your own.
Dynamic, amp-like playing experience
A common complaint from guitarists is that software just doesn’t respond like an amp does, but AmpliTube gives you such a realistic playing experience that you won’t believe you’re playing through a virtual amp! Plus, you can add room ambience and adjust your virtual mics to dial in your sound just they way you want it. AmpliTube 5 is a dynamic tool that will help you achieve your perfect guitar tone.
Onboard 8-track Recorder/DAW in standalone mode
When used as a standalone application, AmpliTube 5’s onboard 8-track DAW makes recording your musical ideas easy. It features robust, sequencer-like waveform editing that’s ideal as a sketchpad for new ideas, or as a full-fledged recording solution. Any way you use it, you’ll be productive right from the get-go. Each track features standard treble, midrange, and bass EQ; pan control, level, mute, solo, and record enable; plus an FX enable button.
AmpliTube 5 SE Features
- Game-changing virtual amplification for guitar and bass
- Redesigned gain structure and power amp to speaker interaction adds realism
- Volumetric Impulse Response (VIR) engine offers a 3D area for mic positioning
- Completely customizable signal chain (up to 57 models)
- Redesigned and scalable GUI makes operation easier than ever
- UltraTuner — precise digital tuning accurate to 1/100th of a cent
- Individual speaker selection
- Speaker interaction modeling
- Cabinet mixer for mics, room, DI, and master level
- 8-track DAW/recorder
- Infinitely expandable via IK’s Custom Shop (Note: Some presets are dependent on in-app purchases)