KR-Fatter STR from KResearch is a modular hybrid plug-in processor using two different proprietary time and frequency domain DSP platforms in a single unit. Spectral Transformation Resynthesis (STR) operates exclusively in the frequency domain and makes use of spectral transforms for synthesis and audio effect design. The time domain processing elements includes fractal based variance controls. The software can be used to enhance the spectral content of signals containing vocal, instrument, or synthesized sound recordings.
Using different combinations of the modules allows for creating effects like fattening, spectral coloring, imaging, harmonizing, pitch shifting, delay, modulation and other special effects. The modules and functions can be used in both serial and parallel configurations and up to four additional stereo copies or ten mono channels of the input signal can be created, and then processed individually and mixed together in a final master stereo output bus.
KR-Fatter STR Features
- Pitch-shifter for pitch related variations of the original audio signal
- Animate pitch variation
- STR color (STR transform filter) allows for designing multiple spectral color variations of the original audio spectrum
- Low frequency oscillator (LFO) modulation for vibrato effect
- Phase adds naturally perceived phase related variations
- Amplifier adds naturally perceived amplitude related variations
- Shelving equalizer (EQ)
- Panning for creating imaging effects or expansion