The KR-Imager STR from KResearch is a stereo audio image enhancer plug-in that, unlike conventional enhancers that divide the input audio signal into frequency bands using time domain filters, uses a frequency domain engine which splits the signal into hundreds of individual frequency components for detailed expansion of the input signal using user selectable algorithms.
The plug-in supports two image animation methods and an additional freeze morph function used to provide time variable stereo imaging. An algorithmic sweep method changes the frequency response bands according to a user specified rate change. The morph method combines two different algorithms in real time according to a user specified rate. The software engine allows the use of sweep and morph stereo image animation individually or concurrently.
The KR-Imager STR can be used to process mono signals as well as to enhance existing stereo material. The output audio signal is spectrally neutral and balanced at all times, i.e. it does not change the input frequency components, only widening the stereo image as required.
KR-Imager STR Features
- Proprietary STR DSP engine operating exclusively in the frequency domain for effect production
- Primary and secondary “Shape” algorithm selection control
- “Depth” effect control
- Algorithm “Sweep” speed control
- Morph enable, speed, freeze controls
- Morph algorithm mix control for freeze morphing
- Left-right-both input channel selector