The PreSonus Eris Sub 8 is a compact, powered studio subwoofer designed to work with any set of studio monitors, especially the PreSonus Eris E3.5 or E4.5 full-range studio monitors.
A 100W Class-AB amplifier powers the front-firing 8″ paper-composite woofer, which offers a frequency response of 200 Hz down to 30 Hz with a respectable 113 dB peak SPL. The rear panel features a pair of 1/4″ and RCA inputs as well as 1/4″ and RCA thru/outputs. A variable input gain knob (-30 to +6 dB) and a continuously variable lowpass filter (50 to 130 Hz) helps you dial in the volume and low-frequency sweet spot. Additionally, a defeatable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Eris Sub8 output to the main speakers.
Other notable features include a polarity-invert switch and protection circuits for RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, and an external mains fuse. The Eris Sub8 ships with a power cord.
PreSonus Eris Sub 8 Features
- 8″ front-firing, paper-composite, low-frequency transducer with high-elasticity rubber surround
- Class-AB amplifier: 100W peak (50W RMS) power
- Input gain control (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable)
- Continuously variable lowpass filter (50 to 130 Hz)
- Defeatable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Eris Sub8 outputs to the main speakers
- Left and right balanced 1/4″ TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs
- Left and right balanced 1/4″ TRS and unbalanced RCA pass-through outputs for connecting satellite speakers
- Polarity invert switch
- Protection: RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse