For a limited time until 02/28/2021, purchase PreSonus Studio One Professional and receive a FREE PreSonus AudioBox 96 AND Premium Add-On Bundle
- Studio One Professional – $399.95
- AudioBox 96 Audio Interface – $99.95
- Premium Add-On Bundle – $99.95
PreSonus Studio One 5 Professional
PreSonus Studio One 5 Professional offers a complete, unified solution for music production, from composing, producing, and recording to mixing, mastering, distribution, and performing. Featuring a flow-oriented, drag-and-drop interface, the software is built for intuitive use, speed, and efficiency. This latest version provides substantial updates including the Show Page for powerful live performance, the Score View for extensive notation, clip gain envelopes, Melodyne Essential 5 integration, and MTC/MMC synchronization. Additional enhancements range from aux channels and extended mixer scenes to an independent listen bus and support for key switches and note controllers—something for everyone.
Studio One 5 Professional is robust enough for the most complex productions, delivering full audio and MIDI recording and editing capabilities, a comprehensive mastering suite, and built-in online cloud services. There are no limits on track count, plug-in instantiations, or editing features. Perfect for Mac- and Windows-based production systems, Studio One 5 Professional is compatible with any ASIO, Windows Audio, or Core Audio compliant audio interface, including the entire line of PreSonus interfaces.
PreSonus Studio One 5 Professional Features
Arrangement and Editing
- Score Editing: Based on the award-winning Notion composition and notation software, the new Score View lets you enter, view, and edit notes using standard notation. You can view multiple tracks simultaneously in a single Score View to work on voicing or use Score View to edit one track while using Piano View or Drum View to edit others. The Score View can be detached from the Arranger Window allowing you to view the same note data in different views. Included with the Studio One Score View is a compact symbol set that lets you add trills, tremolos, arpeggios, glissandi, accents, and staccato in addition to dynamics that affect playback in real time. Grand staff for piano and harp is also included, with the ability to move notes between staves.
- Clip Gain Envelopes: The new Clip Gain Envelope is the perfect tool for correcting sections of audio that are either too loud or too soft, without adding a compressor or limiter plug-in. Add breakpoints to the Gain Envelope simply by clicking on the curve and dragging the point to your desired location or draw envelopes free-form using the Paint Tool. Changes to the clip gain are instantly reflected in the audio waveform so you have a reliable visual reference of the overall level. Furthermore, Clip Gain Envelopes are sample-accurate, so they can be used for everything from entire voiceover takes to single clicks and pops. Clip Gain Envelopes are independent from event volume and fade. They’re even better because the Gain Envelope is clip-based; gain adjustments are automatically applied to all audio events and parts that use that same audio clip. So, you only need to apply it once to apply it everywhere it’s used in your session.
- Keyswitch Support, Editing, and Mapping: Key Switch Articulations now have their own automation lane in Studio One, so you no longer need to worry about note edits or Note FX interfering with your Key Switches. Create and share custom maps for your virtual instruments, and save them as part of Instrument+FX presets for instant recall.
- Poly Pressure and MPE Support: Studio One 5 now supports note controllers for more expressive playback of musical performances using virtual instruments and orchestral libraries. Note controllers affect individual notes in multiple dimensions if needed. This includes support for MIDI Poly Pressure and MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) with compatible MIDI hardware and virtual instruments.
- Melodyne 5 Essential Integration: Melodyne has been part of Studio One since Celemony and PreSonus codeveloped the ARA extension in 2011, and the new Melodyne 5 Essential adds vastly improved vocal editing tools, integrated chord detection, and a chord grid. Use Melodyne to detect chords and export these chords directly to the Studio One Chord Track. Conversely, Melodyne can derive its scale grid directly from the Studio One Chord Track.
- Tape-Resample Timestretch Mode: With Tempo set to Timestretch and this new mode selected, the audio tempo and pitch are locked for natural-sounding tape-style tempo tracking. This mode is perfect for processing drum loops with an original tempo already close to the song tempo to perfectly match tempos without applying time stretching.
- Marker Track Inspector: New in Version 5, the Marker Track now features a marker list inside the Track Inspector that lets you navigate, rename, add, and delete markers in one convenient location.
Recording and Mixing
- Extended Mixer Scenes: Capture your entire console state and recall the entire mixer scenes or selectively recall volume, pan, mute, inserts, sends, and more on any or every channel. Mixer Scenes are complete mixer snapshots. They can be saved at any time and recalled in their entirety, or just filtered to only include volume, pan, mute, inserts, sends, cue mix settings, input controls, or any combination thereof. Scenes can be recalled globally or limited to selected channels, and are automatically saved with the current song or your favorite song template.
- Aux Channels. Classic MIDI synths can now be incorporated into your digital productions as easily as virtual instruments. The new Aux Channel allows any external audio source to be fed into the Studio One mixer without the need to create an audio track that clutters your session. Add external instruments directly from the Studio One Browser using drag-and-drop to automatically create an Instrument track and the mapped Aux Channels, so you’re ready to begin sequencing with real hardware, but with the ease of your favorite virtual instrument.
- Independent Listen Bus: A dedicated Listen Bus adds new flexibility to the Studio One 5 console. Use the Listen Bus to provide a control room feed independent of the main output, with its own level control, AFL/PFL solo, and insert slots for your favorite room calibration plug-ins. When enabled, all soloed signals can be routed to the Listen Bus, while the full mix can still be heard from the main mix output; cue mix sends remain unaffected. A dedicated AFL/PFL option lets you choose between monitoring soloed signals pre- or post-fader (and pan).
- Recording and Playback in 64-bit float WAV format: With version 5, Studio One now supports recording in 64-bit floating-point WAV format, the recommended recording format for audio interfaces with 32-bit converters. With this format option, the maximum recording and processing precision now reaches 64-bit / 384 kHz.
- External MTC/MMC Sync: Studio One can now be slaved to external hardware devices via MIDI Timecode. MIDI Timecode and MIDI Machine Control can be set independently to any available MIDI source and destination.
- Five powerful virtual instruments including Impact XT drum sampler, Presence XT virtual sample-player, Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synthesizer, Mojito monophonic subtractive synthesizer, and Sample One XT live sampler and sample editor
- Build unique sounds with multi-instrument and extended FX chains
- 37 native effects with freshly redesigned UI, five virtual instruments, four Note FX, plus 64-bit AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support
- Show Page: Studio One’s new Show Page lets you add backing tracks, virtual instruments, and plug-in racks for live musicians all from a single intuitive interface that can easily receive content directly from any track on the Studio One Song Page. So, by the time you’ve finished up your studio session in Studio One, you’re already more than halfway done with your stage production.
- Add Your Players: Use the Players section to add Backing Track, Virtual Instrument, and Real Instrument Players. The Backing Track Player has your prerecorded material covered. The Virtual Instrument Player lets you create a virtual master keyboard from your favorite virtual instruments, and the Real Instrument Player opens up all your effects plug-ins to be used as an insert rack to process any live audio signal, letting you perfectly recreate your studio sound onstage.
- Make Your Setlist: A show is only as strong as its setlist, and the Show Page allows you to organize and customize your Setlist for any performance, regardless of how long you’re expected to perform. You can name songs, change their color, reorder them, and set the Playback Mode for each to continue to the next song, stop at the end, or loop. You can also add pauses between songs to make room for audience banter. Add or skip entire songs easily for those inevitable last-minute changes.
- Create Your Patches: Patches let you bring your studio work to the stage quickly and easily, allowing each song in your setlist to have a completely different set of instruments, plug-ins, and mix settings, all of which can be transferred directly from the Song Page. If you’re adding backing tracks, open your Studio One Song and select Add to Show to export stereo mixes right to the Show page. Want to use that killer synth lead from your studio production on stage? Send the complete instrument and effects, or even a complete Instrument Rack from your Song to your Show. When you’re ready to set up your virtual effects rack for live instruments, the Show Page provides you with a familiar workflow that any Studio One user will recognize—just drag and drop your favorite plug-in chains from the Browser to Player and Setlist Item.
- Set Up Real-Time Controls: Most performances are not set and forget. The Studio One Show Page gives you an easy-to-use control set for instant access to unlimited parameters using up to 24 macros, freely assignable to knobs, buttons, or faders. Map each macro control to your favorite hardware controller, including PreSonus ATOM- and FaderPort-series controllers so you can control only the functions you know you’ll need while you’re performing your gig.
- Perform without Fear: The Show Page provides Perform Mode—a streamlined, minimal interface that removes the features you only need during the rehearsal and configuration phase of your performance. Instead, you’ll focus on just the information you need to pull off an amazing gig.
Plug-Ins and Instruments
The complete suite of Studio One’s Native Effect plug-ins have a fresh new look and plenty of new features.
- Analog Delay: State Space Modeling Drive stage and improved width control
- Autofilter: State Space Modeling Drive stage
- Beat Delay: Improved width control
- Chorus: Improved width control
- Compressor: Filter for external sidechain input
- Expander: Filter for external sidechain input
- Fat Channel XT: External sidechain input
- Gate: Filter for external sidechain input and Threshold control consolidation
- Limiter2. External sidechain input, alternative curve modes, and alternative attack modes (fast, normal, slow)
- Multiband Dynamics: External sidechain input
- Pedalboard: Improved Autopan modulation
- Phaser: New Soft modulation mode and Stereo Spread control
- ProEQ2: Additional phase-linear low-frequency EQ (fixed at 20, 50, and 80 Hz) with 12 and 24 dB modes, input meter display, new 12th-octave analyzer mode with keyboard overlay, adjustable meter range, and metering peak hold function for sidechain input.
- Rotor: State Space Modeling Drive stage
- Tricomp: State Space Modeling Drive stage, external sidechain input, and alternative attack modes (fast, normal, and slow)
- Compose, record, produce, mix, master, and perform all from a single, intuitive application
- Intuitive single-window work environment with quick and easy drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support
- Unlimited audio and instrument tracks, advanced automation features, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Console Shaper emulates the sound of an analog console with control over drive, noise, and even true channel crosstalk, thanks to the Mix Engine FX’s cross-channel processing
- Integrated mastering suite with automatic mix updating, DDP, Redbook CD burning, and digital release
- Integrated online Cloud Services including the PreSonus Shop, PreSonus Exchange, and bidirectional SoundCloud integration
- Chord Track manipulates audio and note data of any or all tracks for Harmonic Editing and song prototyping
- Patterns allow for intuitive drum and melody composition via familiar drum machine / sequencer style UI
- Store and recall entire mixer scenes
- AAF support for easy song/session exchange with other applications for collaboration (Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, and more)
- Arranger Track with innovative Scratch Pads
- VCA Faders that act as group faders for any number of tracks
- Use Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, and Logic shortcut key commands or create your own
- Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Audio Interface
A great choice for mobile musicians and podcasters, the 2-channel AudioBox USB 96 is bus-powered, compact, ruggedly built, and works with virtually any PC or Mac recording software. It boasts high-performance Class A mic preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit, 96 kHz converters. And it comes with PreSonus’ amazing Studio One 3 Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows.
Just The Right Size
The AudioBox USB 96’s two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it ideal for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you have an easy-to-use stereo recording system. A mix control lets you control the level between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also get a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, so you can connect your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is a simple, affordable, mobile recording solution.
Roadworthy And Ready To Travel
Here is a mobile interface in the best sense of the term. PreSonus gave the AudioBox USB 96 a heavy-duty steel chassis so it can take a serious pounding and remain completely reliable. Its screaming-loud headphone output ensures you can hear your music loud and clear, even in noisy locations. And it’s USB 2.0 bus-powered, so you can record with it anywhere you can use a laptop. Simply drop it in your laptop bag or slap it on a tabletop.
World-Class Recording Software Included
While the AudioBox USB 96 works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software, it comes with a free license for PreSonus’ Studio One® Artist DAW, giving you a complete recording solution. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice.
Built For The Studio And The Road
Whether you’re just getting into recording or are a veteran producer who wants to go mobile, the AudioBox USB 96 will give you great sound in a bus-powered, rugged chassis that’s ready to hit the road when you are. The perfect companion for any recording software, the AudioBox USB 96 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution right out of the box. Check out the AudioBox USB 96 and Studio One at your favorite PreSonus dealer.
Now Includes Studio Magic Plug-In Suite
This suite of plug-ins brings extended sonic functionality into Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each one brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren’t gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you’ll find yourself relying on for countless mixes.
AudioBox USB 96 Features
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac and Windows
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rates
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with high-performance mic preamplifiers
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 96 kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Total inputs: 2
- Analog inputs: 2
- Digital inputs: 0
- Mic preamps: 2
- XLR/TRS combo jacks: 2
- XLR only jacks: 0
- 1/4” only jacks: 0
- DB25: 0
- S/PDIF in: 0
- ADAT/optical in: 0
- RCA in: 0
- AES/EBU: 0
- MADI: 0
- Dante: 0
- Total outputs: 2
- Analog outputs: 2
- Digital outputs: 0
- XLR out: 0
- 1/4” out: 2
- DB25: 0
- S/PDIF out: 0
- ADAT/optical out: 0
- RCA out: 0
- AES / EBU: 0
- MADI: 0
- Dante: 0
- Connections: USB
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Headphone output(s): 1
- Word-clock I/O: No
- Computer platform: Mac, Windows
- Phantom power: Yes
- Direct monitoring: Yes
- Onboard DSP: No
- Metering: No
- Display: No
- Latency control: Yes
- Monitor control: Yes
- Headphone control: Yes
- Width: Not specified
- Height: Not specified
- Depth: Not specified
- Weight: Not specified
- Rack-mountable: No
- Included software: Yes
PreSonus Studio One Premium Add-on Bundle
The Studio One Premium Add-on Bundle is a discount-priced “Greatest Hits” package of powerful Studio One Add-ons that will help you with every step of your music productions. First, you get Tom Brechtlein Drums V1 HD—a collection 320+ drum loops in multitrack format, so you can mix to your taste. Next up—Channel Strip Collection, two State-Space Modeled channel strips based on PreSonus classic hardware that sound so true that even our original hardware engineers can’t hear the difference!
The 5.5 gigabyte multisampled PreSonus Studio Grand offers incredibly rich piano sounds (we even sampled pedal action noise and sustain pedal resonances) recorded across four mics. And the Audio Batch Converter rounds out the package by taking the laborious, time-consuming work out of processing multiple audio files. Convert sampling rates, apply your VSTs to multiple files, split stereo files to mono… you name it!
Studio One Premium Add-on Bundle Features
- Channel Strip Collection – VT1 and RC500 State-Space Modeled Channel Strips ($49.95 USD Value)
- Audio Batch Converter – Powerful audio file conversion tool for Studio One ($49.95 USD Value)
- Tom Brechtlein Drums V1 HD – ($49.95 USD Value)
- PreSonus Studio Grand for Presence XT – ($79.95 USD Value)
- A $229.80 USD value for just $99.95 USD – save 57%
- Studio One Prime, Artist or Professional – Version 4.5 or later