Le Masque Delay Plug-In from XILS-Lab allows you to create new and unusual time line driven effects with specific and accurate control over which part or parts of the dry signal are processed by the delay unit and its respective components and modulators. The masked zones of the grid are processed by the delay unit while all of the audio data outside of the masks remains unchanged. The grid can be synced to either your DAW or to its own internal clock.
With this effect you can extract and modify specific parts of a loop, apply delay to only a part of a loop such as the snare, or even one particular snare hit in the groove. This can then be modulated in real time via the mod wheel and/or any other auto-modifiers like loopable envelope or LFO. The same can be applied to hi hats, bass drum grooves, or turning delayed bass drums into Simmons toms while preserving the quality of the original audio. The delay effect is a powerful tool for reviving and evolving existing loop libraries and live recordings.
The effect can even be used for live performances to excite guitar riffs, ambient keyboards, electric bass and lead lines. A collection of presets provides a helpful starting point, or can be chosen at random to experiment with new musical possibilities.
Le Masque Features
- True stereo path with independent right and left delays
- MIDI sync and stereo link delay modes
- Sync grid zone with up to 8 custom masks
- All masks have independent length and level
- One multimode filter (with drive, self oscillating, 0-delay feedback design
- Two independent envelopes (loopable ADSR and AR) with 3 trigger modes
- One syncable multi-waveform LFO with 3 reset options
- Snap to grid function to quantize mask locators on musical values
- Swap masked/unmasked function (real time)
- 4 clock modes (DAW, In, Tap Tempo, Fixed)
- Modulation matrix for real time control of parameters
- Real-time tempo analysis function for live playing
- All parameters are MIDI controllable