fabfilter Timeless 3 is an advanced, powerful, modern delay plugin. Timeless 3 has 2 independent, programmable delay lines, together with high-quality effects and filters, and a super-flexible modulation system. With Timeless 3, you can create any type of delay in no time.
FabFilter Timeless 3 is a versatile, vintage-sounding tape delay, which will fully satisfy your everyday delay needs. And with its unique effects, filters, tap patterns and unlimited modulation options, you can just as easily turn it into the ultimate sound-mangling machine!
Vintage Filters and Creative Effects
The stereo delay signal is routed through five unique effects and up to six analogue-sounding filters and then routed back to the input with adjustable feedback. Easily program your own delays using the well-laid-out controls and interactive delay and filter displays.
Easy Drag-and-Drop Modulation
Easily setup ducking, wow and flutter, dynamic diffusion or more creative effects, using Timeless’s unique and versatile modulation system. Creating new modulation connections could not be easier: just drag and drop.
Finally, you get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, extensive help with interactive help hints, CPU optimization, and much more.
fabfilter Timeless 3 Features
New & Improved Features:
- Fully redesigned, highly simplified interface, with an easier workflow, including a new design of modulation sources and floating slot panel.
- Up to 6 filters, which can be either the original, creative LP/HP/BP filters (with Style setting) or Bell/Shelving/Notch EQ filters. Filters can be created and deleted in the display, just like in FabFilter Pro-Q or Pro-R.
- Up to 16 delay taps, which can be controlled and modulated individually.
- Better overall sound quality of feedback, filters and internal saturation.
- Ping-pong mode, with the option to start in either the left or right channel.
- Added five effects, enabling you to colour the delayed sound in different ways:
- Drive effect to add warm, vintage saturation and keep feedback under control.
- Lo-Fi effect to pleasantly degrade the signal from very subtle to totally crushed.
- Diffusion effect to beautifully blur the delayed and feedbacked signal.
- Dynamics effect to either gate or compress the incoming audio.
- Pitch Shift effect, which can be routed either inside or outside the feedback path. The Pitch Shift Mirroring option lets you pitch channels in opposite directions, to easily create chorus-like effects.
- All effect amounts can be modulated.
- Delay Freeze can now be modulated.
- Interactive delay display that visualizes the delay settings, input and feedback and lets you edit delay time and taps.
- Vastly improved filter display, including a spectrum analyzer.
- Added 6 dB filter slope option.
- New Stereo Width control.
- Mix slider replaces the previous Dry level.
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources.
- Envelope generators now have a curve slope setting for their attack, decay and release curves, opening up a much wider range of possible shapes, from very snappy and aggressive to gentle and smooth.
- Added Transient mode for envelope followers, which turns them into transient detectors.
- Introducing Slider mode and a range setting for XY controllers. In Slider mode, the XY controller only works in vertical direction, taking up much less space. The range setting toggles between bipolar (-1 to 1) and unipolar (0 to 1) behaviour.
- Increased the number of XY controllers/sliders to 6.
- Modulation sources can now be renamed to make their use easier to understand.
- The XLFO Balance and Frequency Offset parameters are now modulation targets.
- XLFO MIDI triggering now offers a new Legato mode.
- The EG Threshold parameters are now modulation targets. In addition, the incoming signal level is displayed in a meter around the Threshold knob, and it’s now possible to audition the external side chain input.
- The EGs now have a Range setting, toggling between Normal (a range between 0 and 1) and Neutral Sustain (a range around the Sustain level, where EG outputs 0 when it’s in the sustain stage).
- Added the ability to hide modulation sources except for XY controllers and Sliders.
- Various interface sizes and Full-Screen mode.
- New factory presets, smartly organized and meticulously designed. FabFilter Timeless 3 can load presets from version 1 and 2. Due to changes in version 3, they might sometimes sound a bit different. See Upgrading to Timeless 3 for more information.
- Analogue tape delay or smooth time-stretching behaviour when changing the delay time.
- Mid/side processing.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
- Unique per-component presets for modulation sources and tap patterns.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with a 50-slot modulation matrix.
- Interactive MIDI Learn.
- Smart Parameter Interpolation.
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features.
- Available in VST, VST3, AU (Audio Units), AAX Native and AudioSuite formats.
- 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP (32 or 64-bit)
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- macOS 10.10 or higher (64-bit only)
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel or Apple Silicon processor
All FabFilter plug-ins are available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats.