The RND Portico 5043 from Steinberg is a high-end compressor plug-in based on the renowned Portico 5043 hardware unit. Yamaha’s VCM technology allows the plug-in to exactly reproduce the analog punch, warmth, and clarity of the original hardware, leading to exclusive approval by Rupert Neve.
The plug-in provides control over five essential parameters – threshold, ratio, attack, release and gain. Although a minimalistic approach, it allows the user to focus purely on the sound that needs to be processed, without the need to deal with dozens of parameters to get the signature Neve sound.
Two modes are available – Feed-Forward and Feed-Back compression. These modes provide two entirely different characteristics, where the Feed-Back mode is more musical and sweeter, while the Feed-Forward mode works with greater accuracy.
Two LED metering displays show input level signal and the amount of gain reduction. Another signal LED shows whether a signal is currently being processed. The RND Portico 5033 is available in VST 3, VST 2.4 and Audio Units plug-in format, allowing for multi-instance use with digital audio applications such as Cubase, Nuendo, WaveLab and Logic.
RND Portico 5043 Features
- Plug-in based on the widely-acclaimed Portico 5043 Compressor/Limiter
- High-quality compressor with input and gain reduction metering
- Feed-Forward and Feed-Back mode for two entirely different compression characteristics
- VCM technology allows the exact reproduction of all the subtle details and acoustic nuances of the hardware original
- Exclusively approved by Rupert Neve
- Available in VST 3, VST 2.4 and Audio Units format for multi-instance use within DAW hosts like Cubase or Nuendo